Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
The Migraine Synopsis provides a high level overview of the care standards employed for this Clinical Pathway.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Children > 8 years of age.
- Normal physical exam.
- History consistent with primary headache.
- Signs of secondary headache, such as focal neurological changes.
Committee members involved in the development:
- J. Bickel MD | Neurology | Committee Chair
- M. Hegenbarth MD | Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- I. Siqqidi PharmD | Pharmacy | Committee member
- L. Anson RN-BC | Comprehensive Pain Management | Committee member
- J. Michael, DO, FAAP | Evidence Based Practice & Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- J. Bartlett, PhD, RN | Evidence Based Practice | Committee member
- J. Dusin, MS, RD, LD, CNSC | Evidence Based Practice | Committee member
- N. Allen, MS, MLS, RD, LD | Evidence Based Practice | Committee member
- Finalized date: October 2016
- Next expected revision date: Due for revision.
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email email@example.com.