Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
The Genital Ulcers (painful, aphthous) in Females Clinical Pathway utilizes the following algorithm to guide care.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria:
- Female patient presenting with genital pain
- History of/concern for genital sores or lesions
- Female patient with STI - related to genital ulcers (STI CPG)
- Female with genital ulcers from genital trauma
Committee members involved in the revision:
- Anne-Marie Priebe, DO | Gynecology | Committee member
- Jeanette Higgins, RN, MSN, CPNP | Gynecology | Committee member
- Kathleen Berg, MD, FAAP | Hospitalist, Evidence Based Practice
- Andrea Melanson, OTD, OTR/L | Evidence Based Practice Department
- Finalized date: 03/2020; 1/2023
- Next expected revision date: 1/2026
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.