Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) programs promote an evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to patient care aimed at facilitating faster recovery from surgery, decreasing hospital length of stay, and minimizing post-operative complications. From scheduling through discharge, all phases of perioperative care are incorporated into ERAS programs.
The Endometriosis Synopsis provides a high-level overview of the care standards employed for this ERAS.
Algorithms associated with this ERAS:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria:
- Reproductive-aged natal females referred to gynecology clinic and decision is made to pursue diagnostic laparoscopy for evaluation of endometriosis
- Patient already seen by Complex Pain Clinic
Committee members involved in the development:
- Ashli Lawson, MD, MS | Gynecology | Committee Chair
- Adam Booser, MD | Anesthesiology, Pain Clinic | Committee Member
- Soroush Merchant, MD | Anesthesiology, Pain Clinic | Committee Member
- Emily Weisberg, MD, FASA | Anesthesiology | Committee Member
- Armand Morel, MD | Anesthesiology | Committee Member
- Rae Kingsley, DNP, APRN, CPNP-AC/PC | Rheumatology, Pain Clinic, Rehabilitation for Amplified Pain Syndromes | Committee Member
- Azita Roberson, FNP-C | Anesthesiology | Committee Member
- Heather Sambol, RN, APRN | Anesthesiology | Committee Member
EBP Committee Members:
- Todd Glenski, MD, MSHA, FASA | Anesthesiology, Evidence Based Practice
- Andrea Melanson, OTD, OTR/L | Evidence Based Practice
- Finalized date: 07/2023
- Next expected revision date: July 2024
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content or identify a broken link, please email email@example.com.