Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Pt presenting with abdominal pain and signs/symptoms highly suspicious of acute appendicitis
- Previous appendectomy
- History of trauma
Team members involved in the development:
- J. Fraser, MD | Surgery Department | Co-committee chair
- K. Sinclair, MD | Emergency Medicine | Co-committee chair
- Finalized date: 02/2017; 06/2020; 12/2022
- Next expected revision date: 12/2025
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.