Skip to main content

How to Apply

Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship


Qualified applicants must complete an ACGME-accredited, three-year pediatric residency program prior to beginning the fellowship. Certification in general pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics is a requirement for continuation in the fellowship program.  All candidates must have passed Step 3 prior to being ranked.

International Applicants

Children's Mercy primarily accepts applicants with J-1 Visa status. To be eligible for appointment, all international citizens must be sponsored by the ECFMG for the J-1 non-immigrant Visa classification and have and maintain valid ECFMG certification throughout the length of their training program. Applicants must also have participated in a US ACGME accredited residency program. In some cases, Children's Mercy will sponsor an H-1B Visa.

Changing Immigrant Status

Residents and fellows who wish to change their immigration classification while pursuing a graduate medical training program at Children's Mercy must seek prior written approval from the GME Department. Failure to seek such approval will subject the trainee to immediate termination from his/her training program.  

How to Apply

The Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship participates in the National Resident Matching Program. Prospective candidates should apply through the Electronic Residency Application Services. Specific application requirements and materials are available through the ERAS system.

Our Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship team

Joseph Cernich, MD
Fellowship Director
(816) 855-1979

Toni Zaner, BA
Fellowship Coordinator