Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion for shunt infection:
- Patients with neurosurgical shunt who are status-post neurosurgical shunt surgery/revision, abdominal surgery, or peritonitis in the past six months.
Inclusion for shunt malfunction :
- Patients with a neurosurgical shunt with signs or symptoms of increased intracranial pressure.
Committee members involved in the development:
- C. Kaufman MD, FAANS | Neurosurgery | Committee chair
- L. Schroeder MD | Chief Medical Quality and Safety Officer | Committee member
- J. Michael DO | Evidence Based Practice Department & Emergency Medicine | Committee member
- J. Bartlett PhD, RN | Evidence Based Practice Department | Committee member
- Finalized date: June 9, 2021
- Next expected revision date: June 2024
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content, or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.