Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
The Abdominal Pain for Community Providers CPM Synopsis provides a high-level overview of the care standards employed for this Clinical Pathway.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria:
- Patients presenting with recurrent or persistent abdominal pain present for at least 30 days
- Patients <6 years of age
- Patients with developmental delay or non-verbal
Committee members involved in the development:
- Craig Friesen, MD | Gastroenterology | Committee Chair
- Doug Blowey, MD | Integrated Care Solutions | Committee Member
- Jennifer Schurman, PhD, ABPP, BCB | Gastroenterology | Committee Member
- Natasha Burgert, MD | Committee Provider | Committee Member
- Tina Khaleghi, MD | Community Provider | Committee Member
- Luke Harris, MBA | Integrated Care Solutions | Committee Member
- Michelle Ingles | Integrated Care Solutions | Committee Member
EBP Committee Members:
- Jarrod Dusin, MS, RD, LD, CPHQ | Evidence Based Practice
- Todd Glenski, MD, MSHA, FASA | Anesthesiology, Evidence Based Practice
- Finalized date: 11/2022
- Next expected revision date: 11/2025
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content or identify a broken link, please email email@example.com.