Fellows may choose a project in either basic, translational, or clinical science with dedicated research blocks to allow their research interests to develop and mature. A primary mentor will be assigned during the first year based on mutual research interests.
Examples of ongoing and past fellow research projects include:
- Katie Kurzinski - Incidence and Surveillance of Chronic Kidney Disease in the Non-Kidney Organ Transplant Population
- Ben Spector – Rare variant analysis of renal developmental genes associated with chronic kidney disease
- Heather Morgans – Use SCOPE database to review epidemiology of fistula infections
- Nisha Singh – ”Save the Vein” initiative in children with CKD: a quality improvement study
- Benjamin Matta – Examine CKiD cohort to determine role of antihypertension medication dosage on blood pressure control and left ventricular hypertrophy
- Nathan Beins – created a workshop “Personalized Learning: Creating Rich Interactive Online Modules for Medical Trainees” for the ACGME national conference
- Keia Sanderson – long-term outcomes of infants receiving peritoneal dialysis using the USRDS registry
View a list of selected academic works from our trainees.
View a list of selected academic works from our faculty.