Since 2014, the Children’s Mercy Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program has trained academic pediatric hospitalists to become leaders in research, quality improvement, medical education, child advocacy, and hospital administration. Our fellows build their clinical expertise in treating hospitalized pediatric patients by caring for a diverse and complex patient population.
The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Division at Children’s Mercy is one of the oldest and largest in the nation with approximately 40 hospitalists; members of the division serve as institutional and national leaders in research, quality, education, advocacy, and administration. As one of the only free-standing children’s hospitals in the Midwest, Children’s Mercy Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient pediatric care at both our Adele Hall campus in downtown Kansas City and at our Kansas campus in Overland Park, Kansas.
Highlights of our Fellowship include:
- Our fellowship is accredited through the Accreditation Council for Graduation Medical Education.
- All fellowship graduates have passed the Pediatric Hospital Medicine board certification exam.
- Our program is one of the only 3-year PHM fellowships in the country, which allows our fellows time to pursue scholarly interests and a variety of clinical opportunities.
- Fellows have an opportunity to pursue a variety of Masters level training options.
- All fellows complete a scholarly project resulting in a peer reviewed publication and national presentation.
- In 2019, our fellowship expanded to accommodate 2 fellows per year.
Fellows and faculty are supported by 40 pediatric specialties as well as dedicated inpatient social workers, team coordinators, nutritionists, pharmacists, and child life therapists.