Research driven by the needs of children
Dedicated to research with a purpose, our priorities are driven by the specific needs of the children and families Children’s Mercy serves. This approach further strengthens the interconnectedness and impact of the hospital’s clinical and research programs, bringing science to the bedside to accelerate the pace of discovery and enhance care.
The CMRI’s world-class research enterprise includes a team of internationally recognized scientists and researchers whose sole focus is to serve the needs of children.
Led by Robert Lane, Physician-in-Chief and interim Chief Scientific Officer, and Steven Leeder, interim Executive Director, The CMRI, Associate Chair-Research, Department of Pediatrics, a distinguished and highly experienced leadership team supports the CMRI’s mission and vision of improving the health and wellbeing of children through world-class translational research. The dedicated leadership team at the CMRI includes:
- Kathy Goggin, PhD, Deputy Director
- Mark Hoffman, PhD, Chief Research Information Officer
- Rob Lane, Physician-in-Chief and interim Chief Scientific Officer
- Steven Leeder, PharmD, PhD, Deputy Director, interm Executive Director
- Jeanne James, MD, MBA, FAAP Chair of Pediatrics
- Shawn St. Peter, MD, Surgeon-in-Chief
- Mary Tomlinson, Vice President of Research Administration
Learn more about our leadership team.