New Patient Appointments
Review and Schedule
Complete the New Patient Appointment Form.
For best results, please use Google Chrome
Children’s Mercy will call the patient within 2 business days to schedule an appointment.
Scheduled and requested appointment status can be found on the Wednesday referral reports.
Follow up appointments should be scheduled by the patient by calling the Adolescent Specialty Clinic at (816) 960-4152.
- Alcohol use, risk reduction and cessation
- Behavioral concerns such as school avoidance, at-risk youth, sleep disturbances
- Complex and chronic disease during adolescence
- Comprehensive contraception (pills, patch, ring, shot, implant, intrauterine)
- Development and growth of the adolescent (social, emotional, physical)
- Emergency contraception
- HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Male and female reproductive health care planning and counseling
- Marijuana use, risk reduction and cessation
- Medication management in polypharmacy patients
- Medication management of depression, anxiety and ADHD
- Menstrual concerns and assistance with menstrual management
- Mental health assessment, recommendations and medication management
- Orthostatic intolerance (dysautonomia, POTS, NMH, chronic fatigue, non-cardiac syncope/near
- PCOS, metabolic syndrome
- Sexuality anticipatory guidance, sexual orientation and LGBTQ care
- Sexually transmitted infections (prevention, screening and treatment)
- Smoking and nicotine cessation
- Eating disorders: If known or highly suspected, please also consider the Eating Disorders Clinic
◊ Childrensmercy.org/eating-disorders-center or call (913) 696-5070
- Gender dysphoria/transgender: please also consider Endocrine, Gender Pathways Services
◊ Childrensmercy.org/gender-pathway-services or call (816) 960-8844