Care Process Models (CPMs) promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients with common or high-risk clinical conditions when national or international guidelines are not available or applicable. CPMs are informed by a methodical review of scientific literature and the consensus of a multidisciplinary committee of subject matter experts and key stakeholders at Children’s Mercy Kansas City. Processes within CPMs may be specific to Children’s Mercy Kansas City and should be evaluated before applying to a different setting.
The Sepsis Care Process Model Synopsis provides a high-level overview of the care standards employed for this CPM.
Algorithms associated with this CPM:
Inclusion criteria and considerations:
- Infant or child with suspected sepsis, sepsis, or septic shock
Committee members involved in the development:
- Leslie Hueschen, MD | Hospital Sepsis Director & Emergency Department | Committee Chair
- Jay Rilinger, MD | Critical Care Medicine | Committee Member
- Josh Herigon, MD, MPH, MBI | Infectious Diseases | Committee Member
- Lauren Kirkpatrick, MD | Hospital Medicine | Committee Member
- Margaret Boyden, MD | Hematology/Oncology/BMT | Committee Member
- Priya Tiwari, MD | Neonatology | Committee Member
- Grace Arends, MD | Pediatric Emergency Medicine | Committee Member
- Christopher Kaberline, MBA, RRT-NPS, CPHQ | Quality and Safety | Committee Member
- Jolene Palmer, MSN, RN, CPN | Quality and Safety | Committee Member
EBP Committee Members
- Todd Glenski, MD, MSHA, FASA | Anesthesiology, Evidence Based Practice
- Kelli Ott, OTD, OTR/L | Evidence Based Practice
- Kori Hess, PharmD | Evidence Based Practice
- Finalized date: 06/2023
- Next expected revision date: 06/2026
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content or identify a broken link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.