Clinical Pathways promote evidence based, safe, and high-value care for patients by providing clinical recommendations and standard processes. They are developed by multidisciplinary committees of subject matter experts, informed by methodical review of available evidence and consensus among committee members.
The Neonatal Conjunctivitis Synopsis provides a high-level overview of the care standards employed for this Clinical Pathway.
Algorithms associated with this Clinical Pathway:
Inclusion and exclusion criteria:
- Patient is ≤ 28 days of age
- Injected conjunctiva and
- Mucopurulent discharge or hemorrhagic ocular discharge
- Patient is ≥ 29 days of age
- Patient is febrile or ill appearing
Committee members involved in the development:
- Adrienne DePorre, MD | Hospital Medicine | Committee Chair
- Chris Day, MD | Infectious Diseases | Committee Member
- Erin Scott, DO | Emergency Department | Committee Member
- Jennifer Qayum, OD, FAAO | Ophthalmology | Committee Member
- Alaina Burns, Pharm.D., BCPPS | Pharmacy | Committee Member
- Kathleen Berg, MD, FAAP | Hospitalist, Evidence Based Practice
- Megan Gripka, MT (ASCP) SM | Evidence Based Practice
- Finalized date: 07/2023
- Next expected revision date: 07/2026
Concerns with content:
If you have any questions regarding this content or identify a broken link, please email email@example.com.