How to Apply to Internship
Our internship site uses the AAPI Online Application Portal for submission of applications. For more information on the electronic submission process, please click here to go to the application website. Below is an overview of the process:
- Applicants can access the AAPI Online via the Applicant Portal. You will use your internet browser to create an account, enter information into the various fields of the AAPI, and ultimately submit your completed application to us. Instructions for the Applicant Portal can be obtained by clicking on the "Instructions" link in the Applicant Portal.
- Once you complete the portion of the AAPI that needs to be verified by your Director of Clinical Training (e.g., total hours, dissertation progress, etc.), you will generate an electronic request to your DCT. Your DCT will then either approve the information (via an electronic signature) or ask you to make changes, and provide additional information as appropriate.
- You will also request 3 letters of recommendation by generating electronic requests (via e-mail) to individuals of your choosing. These individuals will upload their letters directly into the AAPI Online site. While you are not permitted to view the content of the letter, you can decide which letters of reference to submit to our site.
- You also will need to submit one official copy of all graduate transcript(s) directly to the AAPI Online service via regular mail. These transcripts are then verified as official, scanned into the system, and attached to your application.
- Once you have completed all aspects of the application and submitted it electronically to our site, it will be instantly available for our internship site to review.
For more information about the development of the AAPI Online, including demonstrations and questions and answers, please visit the AAPIC Internship Matching Program website.
The application deadline for this Clinical Child/Pediatric Psychology Internship for 2019-2020 is 11:59pm on November 1, 2018. All qualified applications will be reviewed with invitations for on-site interviews being issued by no later than December 7, 2018. On-site interviews will be held in half-day sessions on January 14th and January 15th, 2019.
The internship program follows APPIC Guidelines in the recruitment of interns. Specifically, we:
- Abide by the APPIC Match Policies.
- Notify intern applicants that they can request a registration packet for the National Match System either through the National Matching Service's webpage or by calling them at (716) 282-4013
- Send a copy of the APPIC policies to applicants who request them
- Inform applicants who are excluded from consideration as early as possible in the process
- Refrain from offering an internship in any form before the beginning of selection day,
- Certify, in writing, in no more than 72 hours following the end of selection day, all verbal agreements with applicants.