Viruses in the Community Prompt Inpatient Visiting Restrictions
- Children 12 years or younger will not be allowed to visit inpatients.
- All visitors should be well, without fever, cough, or respiratory symptoms.
Why the Restrictions are Necessary
Respiratory viruses are easily spread to others. For this reason Children's Mercy has implemented preventative measures to avoid the spread of this illness and provide a safe environment for you, your child, and our staff. Your help and understanding in this process is very important. We apologize for any inconvenience but greatly appreciate your help. Â
How You Can Help
If you are ill, you can help protect your child and others at Children's Mercy by not visiting while you are sick. Send another adult caregiver in your place if possible.
If you cannot stay at home while you are ill please follow these steps:
- Wash your hands or use the waterless alcohol hand rub every time you enter or leave your child's room.
- Wear a mask to prevent exposing your child to a virus.
- Avoid going to public places in the hospital until your symptoms have resolved. (Ask the unit to order food for you.)
- Eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, and rest whenever possible.