Includes community education, cross-market collaborations, dissemination of scholarly work, and external mentoring and shadowing opportunities.
- Establish a voice in the community as a leader in health care and population wellbeing by participating in an annual Innovation conference.
- Share your stories and learnings from those whom you serve in the community, including patient and their families, around navigating patient experiences.
- Provide thought leadership at live community-based and digitally broadcasted events in collaboration with academic institutions such as the University of Missouri – Kansas City and Kansas University.
- Take field trips to inspire and learn from external organizations including other nationally renowned health systems and tech companies in Silicon Valley.
- Join an innovation team and collaborate with community leaders to identify key challenges with the potential to shift policy change (e.g. payer policies).
- Participate with representatives from different industries on Innovation teams and leverage an internal human-centered design capability as a selling point to attract new business partners.
Dissemination of scholarly work
- Attend conferences and present your academic findings.
- Access support for grant applications and manuscript submissions, including hiring an expert in identifying gaps in the submission process through to publication.
- Leverage technology, such as an app, to socialize progress updates on new and improved services and invite online participation in the design and development of evolving offerings with community health service partners.
- Champion public-facing crowdsourcing experiences, including a platform to uncover population health concerns as a way to prioritize focus areas for innovation, and events, such as Discover Children’s Mercy.
External shadowing and mentoring
- Immerse yourself in external environments to better understand others’ lived experiences and use your learning to develop improved service offerings.
- Participate in reverse mentoring opportunities that allow you to learn about developing advancements in tech and health care.