The Center for Environmental Health at Children’s Mercy has a great new opportunity for children with asthma. The Asthma-Friendly Home Program provides home assessments and education to help families improve their home in ways that can make asthma easier to manage.
To participate, families must:
• Live in the Kansas City Metro area.
• Have a child with asthma that is between 2 and 17 years of age.
• The child must stay at the participating home at least 4 nights per week.
• Families must either own their home, or have lived in the same rental unit the last 6 months.
• Families will need to meet certain income guidelines.
Asthma-friendly home assessments may include:
• Checking general air quality and ventilation
• Home moisture survey
• Household product survey
• Home maintenance survey
• Home safety check-up
All qualifying families will receive an asthma-friendly healthy home kit!
If you know a family that might be interested, contact us today for more information!