Inflammatory Bowel Disease
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Clinic provides comprehensive health care for children and adolescents with IBD, namely Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis, in a family-centered environment that recognizes the physical, emotional, behavioral, financial, and social needs of patients and families. This clinic uses a team approach in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with IBD. What this means is that your child's care and treatment will be provided by a team of gastroenterologists, nurse practitioners, a psychologist, social worker, nutritionist, and researchers who are working together to best meet your child and family's needs. Clinical care includes access to the ImproveCareNow Collaborative, a partnership between more than 30 pediatric gastroenterology centers working together to improve the care and outcomes for kids with IBD. Meet our team!
Hear more about our IBD Clinic from patients and families.
What to Expect During Your Visit
Learn what to expect prior to your child's IBD visit and get answers to frequently asked questions.
Learn more »
Patient and Family Resources
Schools: Things to Know
Adherence and Medication-Taking
- Adherence Tips and Strategies – Helpful hints that can help you remember to take your medications and to become more independent in managing your IBD
- Adherence Apps – Cell phone apps that can help you remember to take your medications. Many are free!
Transition and Transfer of Care
Resources for for transition of care into adulthood, or transfer of care to another physician.
- Crohns and Colitis Foundation of American (CCFA) – This is the official website of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation
- CCFA Camp Oasis – Camp Oasis is a summer camp for boys and girls with Crohn's and
colitis, entering 3-10th grade.
- CCFA Teen Website: “Just Like Me” – This site is for teenagers (ages 13-18) with IBD includes information on school, dating, stress, and diet.
- GI Buddy App – An iPhone® app that allows patients with IBD to track symptoms and treatments, log the foods you eat, and more.
- GIKids – The outreach and education effort of the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- SmartPatients Forum - This is an online discussion forum and support community of parents and patients over the age of 18 who come together to share their experiences with IBD.
Catch up on recent issues of the Crohns & Colitis newsletter.