ACL Injury Prevention Program
The first and only ACL Injury Prevention Program in the Kansas City area operated and managed by athletic trainers and physical therapists with sports medicine physician oversight. The 6-week program will focus on agility, speed, quickness, mechanics and strengthening of the lower extremity.
Fall sport athletes, ages 13-18
- Reduction of risk factors for ACL injuries
- Explain proper dynamic warm-up for sport preparation
- Demonstrate proper jumping mechanics with control of knee position
- Improve postural awareness during dynamic activities
- Demonstrate increased strength with isokinetic testing
- Integrate home exercise program for continued maintenance
- Tuesday and Thursdays, 6-7 p.m.
- Pre-testing assessments: June 1
- Six-week program runs: June 6 to July 18 (no class on July 4)
- Make-up dates (if needed): July 20 and July 25
- Post-testing assessments: July 27
Children’s Mercy Blue Valley
6750 W 135th St.
Overland Park, Kan. 66223
Mallory Valenstein, LAT, ATC