Enrollment and Access
1. What is MyChildrensMercy?
MyChildrensMercy is an easy, secure way to access your or your
child's health information online - all in one central location. It
is also known as a "patient portal."
2. How do I sign up for MyChildrensMercy?
Your Children's Mercy admissions staff can enroll you in the
MyChildrensMercy portal. Just stop by any registration desk with a
picture ID and your email address. You will be sent an email
invitation with instructions on how to complete your
3. What do I do when I receive my email invitation?
The email invitation will walk through instructions on how to
complete your enrollment. Please note that this invitation will
expire in 90 days. You will need to sign up again at your
Children's Mercy clinic and restart the process.
4. Why do I have to enroll in person?
In order to verify your identity and keep medical information
secure, you must show a photo ID to gain access to your health
5. Can I give my child access to his/her
Yes, once your child turns 13, they will have the opportunity to
access their information. Your child will need to sign up in person and will
get his/her own unique logins.
6. My child is 18, why can't I access their MyChildrensMercy
Once a patient is 18 years old, they will have to grant
permission to their parents in order to allow access to their
7. Who do I call for help with the portal?
If you have not received your portal invitation, please visit
your clinic for enrollment. For any other problems with the portal
please call (877) 621 8014. Support is available 24 hours a day,
including weekends and holidays. Due to security measures the team
cannot be reached via email or web.
8. What can I do with MyChildrensMercy?
You are able to view your medication list, send a message to
your care team, view your medical information, view upcoming
appointments, request to reschedule an appointment, view
immunization history and more.
9. What information can I see in the portal?
The portal displays allergies, immunizations, your medication list, your list of medical problems, visit summary and patient instructions, as well as your contact information. The portal also displays the following lab results:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP)
- Hepatic Function Panel
- Lipid Panel
- Lead Level
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Mono Test
- Free T4
- Vitamin D Level
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Sedimentation Rate
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP)
- TTG IgA Levels
10. Why can I not see my X-ray results?
These are not currently included in the portal.
11. Why can't I see my upcoming surgery or procedure
For certain appointment types, the arrival time differs from
the appointment time. Please contact your clinic or health provider
to confirm the appointment.
12. When will health information from my visit be posted to the portal?
Lab results are available to you 36 hours after they are resulted. All other information posts immediately.
13. Can I enter my own information into my electronic
No, MyChildrensMercy is currently for viewing only, but you
can send a message from the portal to your care clinic with
questions. You may also ask for your personal information to be
corrected or updated in this way.
14. How do I know if I have a message in the
When a message is sent to you through the portal, you will get
an email (the email registered with your account) notifying you of
that message. That email does not include the content of the
message, it simply states that you have a message in
15. Can I print my immunizations or allergies?
While there is not currently a direct print function, you can
always print what's on the screen. To do this right-click your
mouse, and then click "Print".
16. Is my health information protected?
Using the MyChildrensMercy portal protects your communication
unlike email which may not be secure. No one has access to your
portal unless you authorize it.
17. Can I use MyChildrensMercy to communicate an emergency or
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911
and do not use online messaging. MyChildrensMercy and secure online
messaging is for routine health-related inquiries only.