Certified child-passenger safety technicians conduct car seat
inspections by appointment Monday-Friday at Children's Mercy
Hospitals and Clinics (CMH), as well as during scheduled Buckle-Up
KC Car Seat Check Events. These are done in collaboration with
area-wide traffic safety advocates.
The 30-minute inspection and installation instruction
- A safety check of the child safety seat:
- Recall status
- Review of its crash history
- Missing or broken parts
- Date of manufacture
- Fit of the child.
- Parents will be advised to replace unsafe car seats or those
that no longer fit their child in car seat.
Buckle-Up Clinic by Appointment
Buckle-Up clinic appointments are scheduled Monday-Friday at CMH
downtown, 2401 Gillham Road. Kansas City, Mo. 64108, by appointment
Families should bring child, child safety seat and manufacture
instructions for car seat and vehicle with them. Please park in the
garage, come to the reception desk and request that the child
passenger safety technician be notified of your arrival.
Please contacts Phyllis Larimore or Shannon Bernal at (816)
234-1607 to schedule an appointment.
Buckle Up KC Events
A car seat inspection event is offered as community outreach in
collaboration with Safe Kids of Johnson County. This event is held
on the third Wednesday of the month, weather permitting.
Families should call to make an appointment. Families need to
bring child, child safety seat and manufacture instructions for car
seat and vehicle.
For an appointment please call (816)
The goal of a car seat event is to have the child leave safer
than they arrived.
Things to know about and bring to a car seat event:
- Bring the vehicle with the child (if child is born)
- Try to install the car seat yourself prior to coming to the
- Once you arrive at the event, you will be required to fill out
- A car seat technician will check the angle, positioning,and
tightness of the car seat
- Corrections will be made as needed to the car seat