POPS (Parents Providing Parents Support)
POPS (Parents Offering Parent Support)
A mentoring program to connect experienced families with newly-diagnosed families.
FCC Coordinators offer resources, snacks, and support to inpatient families and visitors.
View the Schedule
Who are our Family Centered Care Coordinators?
Sheryl Chadwick and DeeJo Miller are our "parents on staff." They are both parents of children with extensive inpatient experience as well as seen in multiple outpatient clinics.
They are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
What can we do for you?
- Offer a family perspective on projects and committees
- Serve as liaison to Family Advisory Board
- Meet with families to offer peer support
- Provide education opportunities to staff
- Recruit and train Patient Family Advisors (PFA's) to serve on committees and projects
What is patient- and family-centered care?
Patient- and family-centered care is based on the understanding that the family plays a vital role in the well-being and health of our patients. Therefore, we want to develop partnerships between the health care team and the family to meet the needs of our patients.