The Center for Environmental Health constantly apply for and/or participate in various grants with our community partners to help provide opportunities for families and schools to participate in environmental health programs, along with technical study grants.
The CMH Kansas City Asthma Friendly HomesPartnership (KCAFHP) is a community-based participatory program that
provides children with asthma and their families with the opportunity to enroll
in the Healthy Home Program and get help with home-related indoor
contaminants and irritants called asthma triggers in order to improve
asthma health and management.
Through an innovative collaboration of
several Kansas City community programs and organizations, KCAFHP will offer these
free services through CMH and its clinics, and other local clinics and health
providers. Northland Neighborhood Incorporated (NNI) (link), Westside Housing
Organization and Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council serve as strategic community
partners and will serve as community-based mentors for other CDCs and neighborhood organizations located throughout the KC Metro. Several community
partners will actively work with CMH on this community collaboration including
the CMH Pediatric Care Network the Greater Kansas City Asthma and COPD
Coalition the Kansas City Health Department and the Teaming Up for Asthma
Control (TUAC) program. Please contact us for more information.
The Center for Environmental Health have many community partners that help support our efforts to serve the community.
- Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America (AAFA)
- Black Healthcare Coalition (BHCC)
- Children's Mercy Pediatric Care Network (CMPCN)
- Greater Kansas City Asthma and COPD Coalition (GKCACC)
- Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council
- Johnson County Health Department
- Kansas City MO Health Department
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE)
- Metropolitan Energy Center (MEC)
- Mid-American Regional Council (MARC)
- National Center for Healthy Housing (NCHH)
- Northland Neighborhood Incorporated (NNI)
- Sleepyhead Beds
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS)
- Teaming Up for Asthma Control (TUAC) Program
- Unified Government of Wyandotte County
- Westside Housing Organization
The Center for Environmental Health also have many sponsors that help support our efforts to serve the community.
- EFM Intergrated, LLC.
- IAQ Training Institute (IAQTI)
- Marbeck Appliance Parts
- Midland True Value Hardware Store
- Mission: Allergy
- Prism Analytical Technologies, Inc.