Office of Faculty Affairs
The Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics was developed out of the Department of Pediatrics' commitment to support and provide resources for faculty members' professional and personal growth. The academic side of faculty scholarship is governed through the traditional academic department structure at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine.
The OFA exists to support faculty members in the following professional and personal pathways:
- ABP Maintenance of Certification: Providing personalized guidance in navigating the American Board of Pediatrics' My ABP Portfolio site.
- Education: Recommending resources to faculty pursuing service opportunities, additional degrees, promotion and additional ways to self-educate.
- Leadership: Helping faculty identify leadership programs suitable for their career. The OFA provides a menu of curriculum options covering leadership skills, theory and critical thinking topics that can be accessed by all faculty members, in all stages of an academic medical career.
- Academic Promotion: Providing assistance in obtaining academic appointments governed through the traditional academic department structure at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine.
- Scholarly Activity: Supporting knowledge development through personalized grant review services.
- Workshops: Offering professional and personalized workshops that guide faculty in their unique academic pathway.