Search our Library Catalog * Ask a Librarian *
See also: Your Child's Health, Care Cards, more Health & Safety Resources.
Please note: The Kreamer Resource Center for Families will close for renovations as of May 14, 2015. Look for our grand reopening later this summer!
If you need a librarian to research a health question, call 816-234-3800 or use the "Ask a Librarian" form.
Photocopier/printer/fax services will temporarily be provided in the Volunteer Services department. A book-cart-to-the-bedside service will be provided during and after the renovations.
Children's Mercy Hospital, Pink Zone, Ground floor of Sutherland Tower, Room 0406.21. Follow the signs to the Cafeteria and Castle Elevators; you will find us on the hallway leading there.
- Consumer Health information on health and wellness, on specific diseases, on psychosocial issues, in lay language, in various formats (print, video, etc.), for children and their families.
- Internet computers, photocopier, FAX for use by patients and their families
- Non-clinical support services, including medical librarians, family-centered care coordinators, patient advocates, social workers, etc. will meet with families needing services in the resource center.
- The public is welcome to call or visit.
- Users' Guidelines
- Try these websitesfor consumer health information for and about children
Who may borrow books and videos?
Children's Mercy patients and their families, and Children's Mercy employees may borrow. Items are loaned for two weeks at a time. You may renew them by phone (816) 234-3800. All other people must obtain an inter-library loan through their own school, hospital, or public library.
See also the Health Sciences Library for Children's Mercy employees.