Children's Mercy comprehensive treatment for pediatric patients with hemophilia and other bleeding disorders. Our team provides a full range of diagnostic, treatment, and preventive options for hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, and other bleeding disorders.
Patients receive dedicated care and support from an expert clinical team that includes physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, research specialists, and physical therapists. Patients benefit from a personalized approach to care that focuses on their unique needs.
- Our Hemophilia Treatment Center is a federally designated HTC.
- Our team has established a partnership with Truman Medical Center to ensure a smooth transition to adult care.
- Our team provides 24-hour on-call services for emergencies and emergency consultations.
- The bleeding disorders team is part of a national network of Hemophilia Treatment Centers providing the latest treatment for patients in Kansas and Missouri.
- We offer events including camp, a young women's clinic, a transition program, Saturday clinics, and regional outreach clinics.
- We also provide comprehensive laboratory monitoring and follow-up.