Faculty Mentorship Program
The Department of Pediatrics initiated the Faculty Mentorship Program to attract, develop and retain successful and productive faculty members through career development assistance. This program is offered to new faculty and participants will gain assistance in reaching their career goals through:
- Personalized mentoring from a senior faculty member
- Networking opportunities to meet and collaborate with other faculty members
- Training programs covering teaching, research clinical and service topics
View the Faculty Mentorship Program brochure to learn more.
The Mentoring Process
- Step 1: Matching - The mentor pool is made up of senior faculty members that are considered experts in certain skills. Matches are made by aligning mentee goals with mentor expertise.
- Step 2: Mentoring - After matches are announced, the mentoring relationship becomes self-governing and pairs are encouraged to make monthly contact for a three-year commitment.
- Step 3: Training - The OFD offers workshops to enhance the mentoring experience.