American Board of Pediatrics Maintenance of Certification
The American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) consists of four parts to maintain certificate of good standing. The Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA) supports the department faculty in meeting the ABP MOC program by providing personalized support and resources to gain certification.
- Part 1: Professional Standing
- Professional Standing ensures physicians are licensed and in good standing.
- Part 2: Knowledge Assessment
- Knowledge Assessment helps faculty enhance their clinical knowledge and practice skills. The OFA offers personalized guidance in navigating the activities that support and promote lifelong learning.
- Part 3: Cognitive Expertise
- Cognitive Expertise is designed by pediatricians to test the current knowledge of practicing pediatricians.
- Part 4: Performance in Practice
- Performance in Practice requires pediatricians to demonstrate competence in systematic measurement and improvement in patient care. In 2012, Children's Mercy was awarded MOC Portfolio Status by the ABP. This allows a group of Children's Mercy Quality Improvement (QI) experts to evaluate QI projects against ABP standards and award MOC Part 4 points to physicians participating in approved projects.