Grand Rounds Classics, are comprised of select lectures that have been chosen for their unique contribution to pediatric knowledge. While all of our Grand Rounds are exceptional, these meet an ACGME requirement or were chosen due to their timeless nature.
If you are looking for current references on these topics, you may check with the presenters. If you have questions about Grand Rounds online, Grand Rounds Classics, or anything related to CME at Children’s Mercy, please contact us.
Grand Rounds Classics
- August 23, 2012 - "Position Emission Tomography (PET): How it works and when it is used in pediatric healthcare"
- December 13, 2012 - "The Surgical Treatment of Epilepsy," by Christian B. Kaufman, MD
- January 24, 2013 - "These Things Happen: How Harm Occurs in Hospitals and What We Can Do About It," by Paul Levy, President and CEO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- February 14, 2013 – "Advances in Cardiac Imaging: Impact on Surgery and Interventions in Congenital Heart Defects," by Girish Shirali, MBBS, Division Director, Cardiology, Children’s Mercy
- June 27, 2013 - "The Role of the Medical Home in Redesigning Pediatric Health Care," by Thomas Klitzner, MD, Jack H. Skirball Professor and the former chief of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at the David Geffen School
- December 19, 2013 – "Team-Based Approach to Treatment of Antibody Deficiency Disorders," by Crissy Ciaccio MD, Chitra Dinakar MD, Connie Freeman RN, and Charlotte Jacobsen RN, MSN, Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology at CMH
- March 13, 2014 - "Quality Improvement for Children with Musculoskeletal Infection: A Multi-Disciplinary Value Proposition," by Lawson Copley MD,MBA, Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Children’s Medical Center of Dallas