Internship program candidates will be evaluated on the following
- Status of current program: The candidate must
be enrolled in an APA-approved doctoral program
- Type of Program: The candidate must be
enrolled in a clinical psychology or counseling psychology Ph.D. or
- Progress in Program: The candidate should have
all course work completed and be actively working towards
completion of dissertation (completion of data collection
preferable, but not mandatory).
- Program Emphasis: The candidate should have a
strong child psychology emphasis in course work, research
experiences and practicum/vocational experiences.
- Level of Pre-Program Clinical Skills: While
early didactics and training emphasize clinical skills, the
candidate should possess the ability and work ethic to move quickly
from an "observer" status to seeing patients in a closely
supervised, but independent, setting.