Our internship site uses the AAPI Online Application
Portal for submission of applications. For more
information on the entirely electronic submission process,
here. Below is an overview of the process:
- Applicants can access the AAPI Online via the "Applicant Portal." You
will use your internet browser to create an account,
enter information into the various fields of the AAPI, and
ultimately submit your completed application to us. Instructions
for the "applicant portal" can be obtained
- Once you complete the portion of the AAPI that need to be
verified by your Director of Clinical Training (e.g., total
hours, dissertation progress, etc.), you will generate an
electronic request to your DCT. Your DCT will then either
approve the information (via an electronic signature) or ask you to
make changes, and provide additional information as appropriate.
(This process replaces the previous "AAPI Part II" which is now
- You will also request letters of recommendation by generating
electronic requests (via e-mail) to individuals of your choosing.
These individuals will upload their letters directly into the AAPI
Online. While your are not permitted to view the content of the
letter, you can decide which letters of reference to submit to our
- You also will need to submit one official copy of
all graduate transcript(s)
directly to the AAPI Online service via regular mail. These
transcripts are then verified as official, scanned into the system,
and attached to your application.
- Once you have completed all aspects of the application and submitted it electronically to our site, it will be instantly available for our internship site to review.
The application deadline for this Clinical Child Psychology
Internship for 2013- 2014 is November 10th, 2013.
All qualified applications will be reviewed with invitations
for on-site interviews being issued by no later than November
20th, 2013. On-site interviews will be held on January 13th and 14th,
The Clinical Child Internship Program follows APPIC Guidelines
in the recruitment of Interns. Specifically:
- We Abide by the APPIC Match
- Intern applicants can request a registration packet for the
National Match System either through the National
Matching Service's webpage or by calling them at (716)
- We send a copy of the APPIC policies to applicants who request
- We inform applicants who are excluded from consideration as early
as possible in the process
- We refrain from offering an internship in any form before the
beginning of selection day,
- We certify, in writing, in no more than 72 hours following the end
of selection day, all verbal agreements with applicants.
For more information about the development
of the AAPI Online, including demonstrations and questions and
answers, please visit the AAPIC Internship Matching