Hospitals and Clinics proudly offers one of the most competitive
benefit packages for residents in the nation!
We offer a variety of perks to residents to help facilitate a
positive and truly rewarding experience in our residency
||2012 - 2013 Salaries
||Annual Education Stipend
All residents enjoy four weeks of vacation
and meeting time per year. *Special holiday scheduling includes
additional time off over either New Year's or Christmas. Residents
accrue one day of paid time off per month to be used for any
absence due to illness.
Insurance premiums for residents are 100% paid by
Children's Mercy Hospital. Insurance plans include individual and
family health, dental and vision coverage - as well as life
insurance, disability insurance and malpractice and liability
Residents are eligible to participate in flexible spending
accounts, which can be used to pay for child-care costs,
non-covered medical expenses and medical deductibles.
- Paid orientation!
- International elective stipends
- On-site daycare facility (subject to availability)
- Free covered, on-site parking
- Housestaff lounge with flat-screen TV, kitchen, classroom
- Membership dues to the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Step III USMLE/COMLEX fee paid - one time
- $500 towards Pediatric Boards
- Annual resident retreats
- Lab coats
- Individual call rooms
- Allocated call money for meals during call shifts
- Catered lunches and two catered breakfasts per month
- Moving allowance of $300 from outside the Kansas City metro
- Discounted tickets to community attractions including movie
theaters, amusement parks, bus passes, etc.
CMH on Vaccinations
Seasonal Influenza Vaccine is a condition of
employment or affiliation with Children's Mercy
Hospital for all employees, volunteers, students, residents,
fellows, interns, externs and certain business associates.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in separation from
CMH. Please direct questions regarding the vaccine to Occupational
Health at (816) 234-3179 or OccupationalHealth@cmh.edu.
All residents and fellows are required to show proof of flu
vaccination and other vaccinations as needed. As a prospective
applicant we would like for you to be aware of this requirement
before considering CMH for your residency or fellowship position.
At this point we don't have any exceptions to this policy.