Children's Mercy proudly offers one of the most competitive benefit packages for residents in the nation. We offer a variety of perks to residents to help facilitate a positive and rewarding experience in our residency program.
||2014 - 2015 Salaries
||Annual Education Stipend
View a sample resident contract (pdf).
All residents enjoy four weeks of vacation and meeting time per year. *Special holiday scheduling includes additional time off over either New Year's or Christmas. Residents accrue one day of paid time off per month to be used for any absence due to illness.
Insurance premiums for residents are paid in full. Insurance plans include individual and family health, dental and vision coverage - as well as life insurance, disability insurance and malpractice and liability insurance.
Residents are eligible to participate in flexible spending accounts, which can be used to pay for child-care costs, non-covered medical expenses and medical deductibles.
- Paid orientation
- Hospital-issued iPad
- $500 towards Pediatric Boards
- Step III USMLE/COMLEX fee paid - one time
- International elective stipends
- On-site daycare facility (subject to availability)
- Free covered, on-site parking
- Recently renovated Housestaff lounge with flat-screen TV, kitchen, classroom and library
- Membership dues to the American Academy of Pediatrics
- $2,250 towards travel related to presenting scholarly activity or to cover board review courses
- Catered lunches
- Moving allowance of $300 from outside the Kansas City metro area
- Annual resident retreats
- Lab coats
- Individual call rooms
- Allocated call money for meals during call shifts
- Discounted tickets to community attractions including movie theaters, amusement parks, bus passes, etc.
Seasonal Influenza Vaccine is a condition of employment or affiliation with Children's Mercy Hospital for all employees, volunteers, students, residents, fellows, interns, externs and certain business associates.
Failure to comply with this policy may result in separation from Children's Mercy. Please direct questions regarding the vaccine to Occupational Health at (816) 234-3179 or OccupationalHealth@cmh.edu.
All residents and fellows are required to show proof of flu vaccination and other vaccinations as needed. As a prospective applicant we would like for you to be aware of this requirement before considering us for your residency or fellowship position. At this point there are no exceptions to this policy.