Children's Mercy offers an expansive and diverse patient population from which to attain clinical experience. The program is designed to provide excellent training in pediatric gastroenterology. Academic medicine is emphasized with early exposure to opportunities in research.
Highlights of the Program
- The Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics' Pediatric Otolaryngology Fellowship Program accepts one fellow per year for a one-year program. We received ACGME full accreditation in August 2010.
- Children's Mercy is consistently voted by the Kansas City Business Journal as one of the top places to work in Kansas City. Companies are ranked based on the results of a confidential survey completed by a percentage of their work forces.
- Children's Mercy residents and fellows are engaged in a unique training experience with a diverse clinical population and can experience a wide-ranging array of pediatric pathology. You will also have access to an approachable faculty and a variety of didactic opportunities.
- The fellowship curriculum is based out of Children's Mercy Hospital, with time divided between outpatient and inpatient clinical training. There is time allowed for research activity and support for IRB approval, research design and statistical analysis.
- Educational experiences occur primarily at Children's Mercy, but may also include The University of Kansas Medical Center. At Children's Mercy Hospital, the fellow attends a general fellowship conference series and pediatric otolaryngology lecture series which include pathology and radiology conferences. The fellow will participate in a biostatistics course and a clinical practice, and a quality improvement lecture series both offered specifically for fellows through Children's Mercy Hospital.
- The fellow will have a unique opportunity to join in a surgical mission trip to Guatemala at the end of the fellowship program, in conjunction with The University of Kansas Department of Otolaryngology and the Medical Missions Foundation.
- Life in Kansas City includes world-class jazz; even better barbecue; more than 200 fountains; multiple arts venues; and the fabulous Plaza Lights!