Children’s Mercy Hospital is the only free-standing children’s hospitals between St. Louis and Denver and provides comprehensive care from birth to 21 years of age. In addition, Children's Mercy has been awarded nursing’s highest honor, Magnet Designation. Members of the Pediatric Hospital Medicine team serve as hospital leaders in education, quality, clinical research and medical administration.
Highlights of the Program
- The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Division is one of the oldest in the nation, starting in 1997, and also one of the largest with 37 physicians.
- We are supported by physicians in 40 pediatric specialties, dedicated inpatient social workers and team coordinators, nationally recognized pediatric and neonatal transport team, dedicated inpatient nutritionists, pharmacists and child life therapists.
- The three-year fellowship program begins in July 2014 and will be accredited as an academic general pediatric fellowship through the Academic Pediatric Association.
- Each fellow completes a research project, serving as the principal investigator.
- All fellows are able to complete a scholarly project that will result in a publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Fellows participate in a two-day grant writing workshop. After completion of the course, fellows will complete a grant application for internally-funded research.