The Hematology/Oncology Fellowship offers a vast range of clinical training between inpatient and outpatient services. Fellows participate in their own continuity clinic one-half day each week with attending supervision. An advanced practice nurse (APN) is devoted to the fellows to assist with education and organization in the clinical portion of the fellowship.
Our program provides fellows with a comprehensive education that
covers all aspects of pediatric hematology/oncology. Rotations include comprehensive sickle cell clinics; comprehensive hemophilia clinics, coagulation and thrombosis clinics, oncology and general hematology clinics, and bone marrow transplant.
Learn more »
Our group of experienced physicians has earned national recognition in the areas of sickle cell, hemophilia and oncology. Each physician works with an advanced practice nurse or physician assistant and a social worker to provide comprehensive care to our patients and families. Additional support staff includes child life, pharmacy, chaplaincy, psychology, music therapy and research coordinators.
Learn more »
- A strong sickle cell program that follows approximately 300
sickle cell patients.
- A regional hemophilia treatment center.
- An active coagulation/thrombosis service.
- One of the larger oncology programs in the United States.
- Our state-of-the-art facility includes a 38-bed unit with five BMT beds, an onsite clinic and two infusion rooms.
- A Bone Marrow Transplant Program that provides experience in
the full range of transplant activity including unrelated and
related donor transplants for both malignant and non-malignant