Hospitals and Clinics' Division of Emergency & Urgent
Care is the only pediatric Level I trauma center between
St. Louis, Mo. and Denver, Colo.
Our PICU recently expanded to 41 inpatient beds in 2011.
- Expansion completed in 2011
- Thirty nine beds including six trauma rooms
- Dedicated fast-track "green" zone staffed by nurse
practitioners and general practitioners from 9 a.m. - Midnight
- Radiology - In-house radiology until 10 p.m. weekdays. On-call
teleradiology available overnight. Ultrasound available until 11
p.m. on weekdays.
- Child Life support for discussion of painful procedures,
- Translation services (in-person, phone and
- Extensive subspecialistcoverage:
In-house transport teams (ground; air - helicopter and fixed