Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics is a comprehensive pediatric medical center which is the only free-standing children's hospital between St. Louis and Denver. We provide state-of-the-art care for children from birth to age 18.
Highlights of the Program
- Children's Mercy is consistently ranked among the leading children's hospitals in the nation, and is the first hospital in Missouri or Kansas to receive the prestigious Magnet designation for excellence in patient care from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Our dental clinic is a comprehensive academic teaching program with a full service of dental care including children with special needs who are followed in our hospital care system.
- The program's primary focus is:
- Children with special health care needs.
- Children who are underserved and/or covered by Medicaid. These children cannot receive services elsewhere due to insurance or other special health issues including, but not limited to, the pre-school age child.
- Our residents provide comprehensive dental care including infant oral health care, moderate sedation, limited orthodontics, oral surgery, restorative care, emergency care, and dental care under general anesthesia.
- The 24-month program includes didactic, clinical and research experience in a variety of settings including the Dental Clinic, Pediatric Continuing Care Clinic, Anesthesiology, the Emergency Department and the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry.
- The Dental Clinic at Children's Mercy Hospital has approximately 500 patient visits each month, giving fellows exposure to a variety of patient cases.