PGY1 Pharmacy Residency (Pharmacist)
Children's Mercy PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program requests that all applicants use PhORCAS to submit their application materials. The application deadline is Friday, Jan. 2, 2015.
Required materials include:
- A cover letter/ brief letter of intent
- An official transcript from your college of pharmacy
- Your curriculum vitae
- Three professional references
- Each reference should complete the PhORCAS Standardized Reference Template
- Two recommendations should be from clinical clerkship preceptors. The third recommendation may be from a supervisor at your place of employment, another faculty member or preceptor, or another individual of your choosing.
- A typed answer to the following essay question: (essay should be uploaded as supplemental material in PhORCAS)
- In 300-500 words, please describe a situation when you influenced patient care
All candidates must register with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Resident Matching Program. The ASHP Resident Matching Program makes all appointments. Match results are released in late March.
Interviews are generally scheduled from late January through early February and are by invitation. An interview can be arranged only when your application file is complete. The CMH Applicant Review Committee will review all completed applications after the application deadline and will let applicants know whether or not they have been invited to interview. Applicants granted an interview will need to complete an online Children's Mercy Human Resources Application. Detalis will be supplied to applicants who accept an offer to interview.