All volunteer assignments at Children's Mercy can be classified as either inpatient care areas, outpatient care areas, or guest and hospitality services. Volunteers wishing to serve in a inpatient care area are required to be 18 years and out of high school.
Guest and Hospitality Services Volunteer Opportunities
- Gift Shop
- Snack Shop
- Administrative office Support
- Path finder
- Ronald McDonald Family Room
- Assisting staff with accepting, sorting, and/or distributing donations
- Courtesy Cart
Outpatient Care Areas
- Art Cart (summer only)
- Physical and Occupational Therapy (summer only)
- Outpatient Clinic Waiting Room Volunteers (summer only)
Locations high school students serve: We have limited opportunities for high school students at Children's Mercy's outlying locations. The 2401 location has the only openings for Fall and Spring Session. During the summer, as well, most opportunities are at the 2401 Gillham Road location.