Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics welcomes volunteers to
become part of our team! However, because of the nature of our
care, all volunteers are carefully screened, processed and placed
in appropriate assignments. This process includes:
- Completing an online application packet
- Interviewing with a volunteer staff representative
- An appointment and blood draw from our occupational health
- Completing a criminal background check
- Attending an orientation
- A one-time $30 orientation fee (payable to Children's Mercy
Hospital) due the day of orientation
In order to offer consistent services to our patients and
families, we ask most volunteers to sign up for one three-hour
shift a week. Unfortunately, we don't have any short-term volunteer
opportunities. We consider you part of our staff and look forward
to you being here.
For more information, you may contact the Volunteer Office at
the Children's Mercy Hospital downtown at (816) 234-3496.
Return to Volunteer Application
Volunteers between the ages of 15-17 must also turn in a Parental Permission Form and submit two references.