Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics offers one of the longest standing pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgery programs in the U.S. Our fellowship-trained surgeons provide evaluations and surgical services for children with congenital and developmental anomalies of the head, neck, and hand.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Staff
Our experts provide more reconstructive and cosmetic procedures than other programs in the region. We use a collaborative approach to patient care that includes specialists in nutrition, dentistry, otorhinolarygology, occupational therapy, and genetics.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Programs
Parents can receive prenatal consultations following an ultrasound diagnosis. Our social workers provide family support and access to community resources. Patients also benefit from an innovative blood conservation program, which greatly reduces the need for blood transfusions during surgery.
- We have the largest full-time pediatric plastic surgery program in the U.S.
- All of our surgeons are fellowship trained, and one surgeon is also double board certified in plastic and oral surgery.
- We offer a broader variety of specialty services than other programs in the region.
- Families can preview surgery results through innovative 3D rendering technology.
- Our surgeons are also trained in multiple subspecialties, including cranio, hand, and microsurgery.