5th Annual Young Athlete Conference: Sports Medicine Controversies
Save the date for the 5th Annual Young Athlete Conference: Sports Medicine Controversies. It will be held at the Ritz Charles in Overland Park on May 29, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Identifying the implications of sudden cardiac death with regard to the pre-participation physical examination
- Explaining new recommendations for spinal immobilization on the field
- Describing the effectiveness of different injury prevention equipment
- Summarizing a screening tool to identify student athletes at risk for suicide
- Discussing the timeline of using open vs. closed-chain exercises post-anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgery
- Explaining the rationalization behind graft selection for ACL surgery
- Summarizing the use of supplements in student athletes
And much more! Breakout sessions will also be included in the conference. Be on the look out for registration to open at the end of March.
Register Now »