Children's Mercy Kansas City is nationally recognized as a leader in pediatric nephrology research. Our program is one of the two Clinical Coordinating Centers for the national, National Institutes of Health – funded Chronic Kidney Disease in Children Study.
- We're working to determine factors that contribute tot he progression of chronic kidney disease and its impact on growth, cardiovascular disease, and neurocognitive outcomes. Learn more »
- Our team is investigating the role of mechanical strain on podocyte biology. Learn more »
- Research is underway to investigate the etiology and treatment of children with hypercalciuria and/or kidney stones. Learn more »
- Our team is collaborating with the Center for Pediatric Genomic Medicine to understand the genetic causes of kidney disease. Learn more »
- We're actively involved in the International Pediatric Dialysis Network.
- We are also a leader in the Nephrology Peritonitis and Exit-Site Infection Quality Collaborative of the Children's Hospital Association
- Care for children with rare metabolic bone disorders and osteoporosis.
- We are an active participant in the NIH-funded Randomized Intervention for Children with Vesicoureteral Reflux Study.
- Drug disposition and effect of antihypertensive medications in children.