The Division of General Academic Pediatrics is dedicated to the health and well being of area children. We offer a medical home to those who are underserved, uninsured or receiving Medicaid benefits, as well as those who require complex care.
General Academic Pediatrics Staff
Our team includes board-certified pediatricians and board-certified nurse practitioners who work closely with other providers to ensure a strong continuum of care for every child we serve. We strive to be culturally sensitive in all situations and are tireless advocates for children both locally and nationally.
- We perform a major role in education at the University of Missouri-Kansas City medical school, directing the pediatrics clerkship and supervising more than 100 pediatrics and medicine-pediatrics residents in their continuity clinics.
- We bring a unique perspective to the inpatient rotation that includes the continuity of care from inpatient to outpatient.
- Our team leads a circumcision workshop that is often modeled for simulation education.
- Through our work on inpatient wards, we train an array of pediatric specialties, family medicine, dental and radiology residents.
- Our 43 physicians and 17 nurse practitioners conduct more than 100,000 patient visits annually.
- We offer multiple primary care sites and specialized outpatient clinics focusing on Weight Management, ADHD, Down syndrome, Failure to Thrive, and Medically Complex Care along with many other areas. Additionally, we created CHiCoS (Clínica Hispana de Cuidados de Salud) a fully immersed clinic dedicated to serving Spanish-speaking patients and families.
- At Truman Medical Center, Our physicians Direct and staff the Well Baby Nursery, the first hospital in the area to be designated Baby Friendly.