The General Pediatrics Division is dedicated to the health and well being of area children. We offer a medical home to those who are underserved, uninsured or receiving Medicaid benefits, as well as those who require complex care.
General Pediatrics Staff
Our team includes board-certified pediatricians and board-certified nurse practitioners who work closely with other providers to ensure a strong continuum of care for every child we serve. We strive to be culturally sensitive in all situations and are tireless advocates for children both locally and nationally.
- We perform a major role in education at the University of Missouri-Kansas City medical school, directing the pediatrics clerkship and supervising more than 100 pediatrics and medicine-pediatrics residents in their continuity clinics.
- We bring a unique perspective to the inpatient rotation that includes the continuity of care from inpatient to outpatient.
- Our team leads a circumcision workshop that is often modeled for simulation education.
- Through our work on inpatient wards, we train pediatric neurology, family medicine and radiology residents.
- Children's Mercy currently has 24 fellowship programs. As that number increases, our opportunities for education and collaboration will also expand.
- Our 32 physicians and 12 nurse practitioners conduct more than 100,000 patient visits annually.
- We offer multiple primary care sites and specialized outpatient clinics focusing on obesity, ADHD, Down syndrome, failure to thrive and many other areas. Additionally, we run a clinic dedicated to serving Spanish-speaking patients and families.
- At Truman Medical Center, we operate the Well Baby Nursery.
- We provide outstanding inpatient service. One of our members won this year's Daniel Scaggliotti Teaching Awardas voted on by Children's Mercy pediatric residents.