The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Department at Children's Mercy surveyed families to gauge their satisfaction with various aspects of the clinic services. The results of the survey appear below.
When considering appointment availability, as well as wait time in the waiting and exam rooms, more than 91 percent of patients rated their experience as "good" or better.
More than 94 percent of patients rated their experience as "good" or better as it related to communication regarding the length of visit, providers who were seen and the need to complete paperwork.
Staff and Providers
96 percent of respondents rated our staff and providers as "very good" or better when factoring in the following categories:
- Providers answered our questions
- Providers listened to our concerns
- Providers gave instructions and made treatment recommendations in a manner we could understand
- Providers talked about my child’s illness in a manner we could understand
- Providers made us feel at ease and comfortable
- Providers were friendly and compassionate
- Providers spent enough time with us
When rating what they liked best about the clinic, the most common responses were:
- Caring, compassionate, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful staff
- Very informative/all questions being answered
- Meeting with all the different people with different expertise involved in the clinic and our care