Our team has provided some important information about what to expect during your child's appointment and what you you will need to bring.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Blood glucose meter
- Insulin pump
- Continuous glucose sensor
- Blood glucose, insulin pump or continuous glucose sensor home
- Food to treat low blood glucose
How do I cancel an appointment?
- Please call (816) 960-8800 to cancel an appointment.
Tests and Measurements
We want to ensure that your child maintains optimal growth
and development along with optimal diabetes control. Your child
will have the following measures performed at each appointment:
- Height and weight calculated for Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood pressure
- Hemoglobin A1c
Children with diabetes are at risk for developing complications.
Once a year, children will need to have additional screening tests
performed to detect early complications. These tests include:
- Thyroid function tests
- Celiac panel
- Lipid profile to help detect cholesterol problems
- Urine test for microalbuminuria
The center also recommends your child receive dental exams
every six months to ensure optimal dental health. Annual dilated
eye exams are recommended once your child is 10 years of