Members of the Division of Emergency and Urgent Care are
developing robust academic portfolios and persistently
striving to increase the depth of productivity.
Reflecting the nature of pediatric emergency medicine, faculty
scholarly endeavors cover a wide variety of topics and methods.
Collaboration with other pediatrics sub-specialties is an important
Areas of Activity
- Understanding the impact of toxic stress on children and
resilience factors which balance that negative impact
- Violence prevention and trauma informed care,
specifically the intimate partner violence and how to
intervene in the acute care setting
- Development, evaluation, implementation and dissemination of
education models using human simulation technology
- Measuring and assurance of equity and diversity in delivering
high-quality pediatric emergency and acute care
- Approaches to adolescent sexual health in the acute care
- Rapid viral testing procedures and infectious disease
surveillance in the ED (We are active members of the
- Clinical bioethics
- Communication dynamics in the acute care setting
- Community-based vaccine programs and evaluation
For more information about medical research at Children's Mercy,
visit our Research and Grants section.