Continuous Quality and Practice Improvement (CQPI) is a participative and project-oriented learning experience at Children's Mercy designed to assist you in continuously improving the quality and productivity of your patient care, work environment, clinical teams and overall career.
Development and Growth
In CQPI you will learn and apply a variety of analytical tools and techniques that are effective in continuously improving your practices. CQPI will assist you in better developing and maintaining your clinical and research skills so that you remain on the leading edge of your field.
Your continuous professional development and the quality of care you provide will be linked throughout your careers. We will develop a model or framework of how you can remain current on your practice. In addition, our goal is to help you to increase not only the quality but quantity of the care you provide.
In the first year of this class you will be required to attend a majority of four lectures and complete one mandatory quality-improvement project.
- Demonstrate their ability to use technology to access scientific evidence, interpret the evidence they uncover and then apply it to the care of their patients.
- Acquire the skills needed to analyze and improve the quality of their practice.
- Engage in a quality-improvement project/activity under the guidance of the faculty using the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle, as described by Berwick.
- Understand the strategic role that quality and practice improvement have in achieving clinical and career success (i.e., effectiveness and efficiency).
- Learn how to continuously apply several important quality methods, models, and systems to improve the efficacy of their patient-centered care and professional lives.
- Be able to manage different strategic and tactical approaches to improving patient-centered clinical care that has safety, effectiveness, timeliness, efficiency and equity for every person, every time.
- Refine and apply CQPI and PDSA methodologies through projects of their choosing.
- Tuesday 08/16/16, Tuesday 08/30/16, Tuesday 09/13/16 and Tuesday 09/27/165 (all from 1 – 3:30 p.m. within Housestaff Classroom)
- Complete a formal Quality Improvement Education Program
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of Quality Improvement and Quality Improvement Tools.
- Project Timeline: one- or two-year cycle
Application deadline is July 31, 2016. If you would like to apply, please visit the Master Event Calendar by clicking here. Next, search for CQPI. Advance the calendar to August to find the Fellow CQPI course then click on one of the course dates to register (this will register you for the entire course).For additional information please contact Lory Harte, Pharm D, CQPI Course Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 701-4539.