Everyone talks about how to interview. However, have you thought about how to arrive for an interview? You should be able to drive to the building, park your car and walk in stress free. Provided below are tips on what to do before and on the day of the interview so that you will be calm and prepared to give the best presentation of yourself.
- Be on time for the interview. Think about everything that could possibly go wrong, such as an accident, traffic or the weather. Prepare for the worst case scenario by having plenty of time to drive.
- Plan your route thoroughly. Don't trust GPS or your memory.
- If you are still unsure of where you are going, take a test drive the night before the interview.
- When you enter the parking lot, realize that there may be cameras, security officers and staff walking around. Don't forget that you are being observed.
- Arrive 15 minutes early, not 30 minutes or 1 hour early. The recruiters and hiring managers are on a tight schedule. Do you want extra time to sit in the lobby thinking about everything that could go wrong?
- As you enter the building, look confident, smile and be friendly to everyone that you meet.
- Don't forget to thank the receptionist, security guard or anyone that has helped you.
- Listen carefully to directions, have a seat and smile.
- While waiting for the recruiter, stay calm and think positively. Remember that you are interviewing because your experience has brought you to this exciting possibly life changing moment.
- Now you have arrived and are ready to greet the recruiter.